Complete Guide to Choosing the Best Body Shaper by Occasion 2020
If you’ve been looking for a magic wand that will make you look great in any outfit you try on, you just found it: you need a body shaper.
But how exactly do you go about choosing the right one, once you’ve decided to give a body shaper a try? There are so many different types, levels of compression, colors, and designs, that it can be daunting to know how to purchase your first shaper. Take a deep breath – we want to make sure that your first body shaper is perfect for you, so we’re here to guide you through everything you need to know to order the best shaper for you.
What is a Body Shaper?
So, what exactly is a body shaper? A body shaper is an undergarment you wear that smooths your curves and stops you from having any unwanted lumps and bulges. There are various levels of control and they are designed to be super comfortable, even when they have “extra firm” control. They support you so you can go out into the world feeling confident and comfortable in your own skin. With a body shaper, you’ll be free to wear whatever outfit you like – no matter how figure-hugging.
3 Steps to Choosing your Shaper
Decide What Level of Compression you need & Identify your target areas
Choose what you need the shapewear for. Are you looking for an everyday shaper? Bridal? or are you a recovering mommy?
Take your measurements, and find out your perfect size to get the best results!
What Level of compression do I need?
So, how do you choose the right level of compression? First, you need to consider your goal. Do you just want to smooth over any lumps and bumps that your underwear causes under that super-tight dress? Do you want something that will stop your thighs rubbing together? Or, have you just had a c-section and need something to help you feel supported as you head out as a new mom? Your needs will help you choose what level of compression you need.
There are three levels of compression:
- High compression sculpts your body, creating curves and shaving inches off of the target area. This is the highest level of compression and is perfect for special occasions, or any other time you want to be absolutely certain you can feel confident knowing you aren’t jiggling anywhere you don’t want to be. As long as you get the right size you’ll be comfortable!
- Moderate compression shapes your body, again creating and emphasizing your curves, and helping hold in and lift in all the right places. If you don’t want a high level of compression but still want a little extra shape, this is the right level for you.
- Medium compression smooths your body, eliminating annoying bumps and dimples, giving you a smoother look but won’t feel hugely different to other figure-hugging undergarments.
What are my Target Areas?
As you’ll see (or will have seen) when you start to browse our range of shapewear, there are different styles for different target areas. We all have areas of our body that wobble, bulge, or rub against another part when we’d rather it didn’t – and you’ll find shapewear to target one, two, or all those areas.
The most common problem areas are:
- Your tummy and love handles: this is an area even the skinniest among us often have a problem with, and almost all our shapewear offers you support here.
- Upper body from your bra to your hips: if this is the case, look for shapewear that starts just under the breasts to offer you full midriff control.
- Butt and hips: there’s plenty of shapewear that will take your extra junk in the trunk and shape it into a beautiful booty!
- Upper thigh: Another problem area most women struggle with and plenty of shapewear will offer you upper thigh support, should you want it.
- Entire thigh: If you want thigh control but are worried about having a line halfway down your thigh, choose shapewear which goes right down to the knee.
Choose the Best Body Shaper for Your Needs and Occasion
To help you choose the very best shapewear for your needs and any special occasions you have coming up, we’ve round up our favorite pieces of shapewear you need in your wardrobe.
The Best Shapewear for Bodycon Dresses, Parties, and Holidays
This occasion is usually the gateway to great shapewear – you have a figure-hugging dress you want to wear for an upcoming event and you just aren’t sure you will feel confident enough to wear it without a little help. For this occasion, we recommend:
The Best Everyday Shapewear for Work
Often, the place we really need a boost of confidence isn’t on a night out but at work where we need to feel as confident and in control as possible to make the best impression on others and know our worth. Wearing shapewear to work is the best confidence secret no one will know about but you. For daily wear, we recommend:
The Best Shapewear for Brides
Congratulations! You’re getting married and that means that soon you’ll get to have your big day where all eyes will be on you. Yeah – that’s awesome, but also a lot of pressure. Instead of crash dieting, becoming a stressed and malnourished bridezilla, just buy some great shapewear! Your hubby-to-be loves you as you are, and awesome shapewear (like those listed below) will do the rest for you on the day and in your photos. For the perfect wedding day, we recommend:
The Best Shapewear for Postpartum
You’ve performed a miracle and it’s time to take care of you again! Not only will this postpartum shapewear make you feel better about your body, many new moms find the compression adds an element of comfort and support that helps them recover more quickly. We recommend:.
Stay at Home Mom
You have an important job to do – you’re counselor, nurse, cook, admin, manager and so much more for your kids, so you deserve to look and feel your best as you do it. We recommend:
Best Post Surgical Shapewear
What size should I get?
The first thing you need to understand about choosing the perfect shaper is that size and compression level are key getting the right fit, the shape you desire, and being comfortable enough to forget you’re wearing it. If you get a size too big, too small, or with the wrong level of compression for you, you won’t get the look you desire and you’ll be uncomfortable. Measure yourself carefully following our sizing guide, or email your waist, hip, height and weight measurements to us once you’ve read through this guide and we’ll make sure you get the right sizing for you.
Body Shaper Before and After
Real Results from Real Customers!
L to R (source: IG @incredibly.jen, @sarah_strives, @amazingxgracie)
Fit is Everything
The most important element of your shapewear is that it fits you correctly. Too tight, and you’ll be uncomfortable and spilling over the edges, too loose, and it’s not going to pull you in the right places.We recommend that you reach out to us via our live chat, via WhatsApp, or via email with your measurements for individual sizing help, so we can make sure you get the perfect fit. This is how you take your measurements:
Whatever the event or stage of life you’re at, we have the perfect piece of shapewear that matches your needs by occasion, compression level, and targeted areas. If you still aren’t sure what would be ideal for you and your circumstances, reach out to us and we’ll guide you to the perfect piece! Customerservice@nicoletteshapewear.com or simply give us a call!